Intuitive Abstract Painting Workshop Gift Voucher
One-to-one (or more, maximum 5 people) 3-hour workshop.
1 person: £95
2 people: £120
3 people: £145
4 people: £170
5 people: £195
Please choose the number of people from the drop-down menu below
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange the date.
- my studio near Thame, Oxfordshire, or
- studio in Cookham Dean, Berkshire, or
- your home (please contact me as there may be an extra cost for travel)
Perhaps you would like to delve into abstract painting but are not sure where to start. Is there a wall in your house crying out for the perfect artwork created by you? I believe everyone has their own unique creative instinct to draw upon and has the capability of creating beautiful work.
In this one-day workshop I will help you tap into your creative instincts and develop a spontaneous and intuitive approach to painting in acrylics. The aim is to learn to let go and enjoy the immediacy of the creative process.
We will start with looking at the basics of painting in acrylic, colour and mark making, before doing some energetic painting exercises aimed at stimulating that instinctive response. You will work on paper before painting on a canvas which you will take away with you. By the end of the workshop, I hope you will have a greater confidence, and you will have a painting ready to hang in your home - just turn up and enjoy the creative process!
Suitable for beginners and more experienced artists. I aim to provide a relaxed and friendly atmosphere where you can create freely.
What is included?
- Art theory
- Energetic art exercises
- Starting points and ideas to inspire your creativity
- Guidance from me (but feel free to do your own thing)
- All art materials and a ready to hang canvas
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
This workshop is for you if:
- You are inspired to explore your creativity and extend your range of techniques
- You want to get away from it all and immerse yourself in a friendly, creative environment
- You have not done much art before but would love to do more
- You think you can’t draw or paint but love art
- You did some art a long time ago and long to rekindle your passion
What do you need to bring?
- It would be useful to bring an image or two that inspires you - these might be an image of a landscape, an aerial photograph, a close up, a building or a painting by another artist (there’s nothing wrong with being inspired by someone else’s work!)
- An apron (or wear old clothes)
- Something to carry your work home in (ie large carrier bag/plastic sheet)