Intuitive Painting 3-Week Taster Course
Cookham Dean, Thursdays 7-10pm
Thursday 26 March
Thursday 2 April
Thursday 9 April
In this 3-week taster course I will help you tap into your creative instincts and develop a spontaneous and intuitive approach to painting. The aim is to learn to let go and enjoy the immediacy of the creative process.
Each class will start with some art theory and a look at how various artists have used this in their practice, followed by some energetic exercises aimed at loosening up and stimulating the instinctive response. You will then be free to work on whatever you choose, in whatever medium you like. Over the three weeks, topics will include colour theory, mark making and composition.
Suitable for beginners and more experienced artists.
What is included?
- Art theory
- Energetic art exercises
- Starting points and ideas to inspire your creativity
- Guidance from me (but feel free to do your own thing)
This course is for you if:
- You are inspired to explore your creativity
- You want to get away from it all and immerse yourself in a friendly, creative environment
- You have not done much art before but would love to do more
- You think you can’t draw or paint but love art
- You did some art a long time ago and long to rekindle your passion
What do you need to bring?
- It would be useful to bring an image or two that inspire you - these might be an image of a landscape, an aerial photograph, a close up, a building or a painting by another artist (there’s nothing wrong with being inspired by someone else’s work!)
- The art materials that you wish to use (eg pencils, charcoal, acrylic paint, paper, canvas/board or painting paper), however I can provide these at an extra cost
- An apron (or wear old clothes)
- Something to carry your work home in (ie large carrier bag/plastic sheet)